Shanghai: The Most Beautiful (and crowded) City in the World

 


July 18, 2015

By Christian

 

Today we woke up early and flew on an airplane to Shanghai. When we landed, a family from my dad’s work picked us up in a little bus. They had a daughter who is nine years old and is my friend now. We went to our hotel. In the lobby, there were fish swimming in a bowl. I named them Murphy and Eyeball.

 



Here we are in the Shanghai airport. Shanghai is known for being ultra modern.
 

Then we went to a street with lots of people (Nanjing Street). We ate lots of new food. I liked most of it. I especially liked when I ate banana ice cream. Then we walked a long ways to see the Bund – big buildings with lots of lights on them. There were lots and lots of people there. Some of them wanted to take their picture with me but I wouldn’t let them.

 

We went on a boat on the river by the Bund. Rachel, Taylor and Sarah Ann said it was it was the most beautiful city in the world. I was tired and just wanted to play on my dad’s phone and eat popcorn.



The Bund at night from our boat

Comments

  1. We went to Shanghai 10 years ago with Mathew, Cassy, Porter and the Crowthers. At that time they were still doing lots of building - in fact there was a worldwide steel shortage because they were using so much steel. Then, I thought Beijing was more impressive than Shanghai. But that may be because (1) We didn't see Shanghai from a boat at night (wow, impressive), (2) Shanghai was still under construction then, and (3) You haven't seen Beijing yet. It will be interesting to read about your experiences in both cities.
    Hey, I have a question. Why did you name the fish Murphy and EYEBALL?! Eyeball is an interesting and creative name. Love, Grandma Albrecht

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how pretty the lights on the buildings look. More cities should do that

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts