Lions, and Tigers and Bears (eating live chickens) – Oh My!



July 10, 2015

By Christian

 

Today we went to the Dalian Forest Zoo. I was really excited to go because I love zoos and because everyone here says it is great. It was raining at first so we needed umbrellas. We took a little train around to the first animals. I thought it was awesome because at this zoo we got to feed the animals. I fed giraffes and then Alpacas too. The Alpacas weren’t even in cages. They just walked around and we walked around by them. The followed me to eat the leaves I had for them. It was so funny!

 


 


 

We got to see lots of monkeys. Then we hiked up a mountain to the rest of the zoo. We saw tons to tigers. You could buy raw chicken or lives chickens to feed to tigers but my mom said no. We watched other people feed raw chicken to the tigers. It was neat. I bet you’ve never been to a zoo like that.

 



The zoo was in the mountains and was really pretty
 

Then we took lots of escalators up higher in the mountain and saw an elephant show. The elephants kicked soccer balls and threw darts at balloons.

 

Rachel, Taylor and Sarah Ann had fun reading the English translations of the signs. Here are two of our favorites.

 


 


 

 

We wanted to take a taxi home but all of the taxis had people in them. We tried for a long time then we gave up and started walking. We walked forever – over an hour. I cried a lot and Rachel and my mom carried me a lot too.

 

My dad met us in Xinghai square and we ate American food at a restaurant. I ordered lasagna and everyone thought I would never eat all of it because it was so big. But I ate every bite. They even brought us forks. When I saw the fork, I said, “Wow! A fork! Awesome!”

 




Here I am eating lasagna with a fork!

 

Yesterday. I said to my mom: “People in China speak Chinese. People in Korea speak Korean. People in Turkey speak Turkish. And I know people in Wisconsin speak English. But what about people in Massachusetts? What language did we speak when we lived there? I can’t remember.”

 

She said people in Massachusetts speak English too. I was pretty amazed to learn that.

 

Comments

  1. Hey, I want to go to this zoo. It sounds like so much fun. I'm glad you were able to eat lasagna with a fork! I remember how much you love macaroni and cheese. Jed ate macaroni and cheese tonight at Noodles and Company and it reminded me of you (Christian). Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were there any llamas at the zoo?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts