Queretaro

June 16, 2018

by Christian

We slept in and delayed our bus this morning because Sarah Ann was really sick. Remember how in her post yesterday, she said she wasn't feeling well? Well, that was the beginning of it. She threw up constantly until 2 a.m. Luckily, she hasn't thrown up since we got here though. Marco and Claudia drove us to the bus station and we said goodbye there. We got a few snacks for the bus. I got a yellow gatorade but it turns out I didn't have to. Before I got on the bus, they gave us a snack and another drink. I got an orange fanta. We were soon on our way to Queretaro to visit. The bus took about 2.5 hours. It was pretty nice. My favorite thing about it was it had bathrooms! It had really big seats and even a leg rest.

Here I am on the bus to Queretaro

When we got off the bus, my mom and I went to a mini-Dominos at the bus station in Queretaro. A while later, we were in a taxi driving to our apartment. At the apartment, we go to meet our neighbors. There was a gate to unlock. I really like the apartment. I got to choose my bedroom. I chose a blue bedroom. I think my brother's bed is a little too small for him though.

Here's Taylor and me in the courtyard at our apartment

Taylor, Dad and I went to the store to get some water and other things. Taylor kept telling Dad he was going the wrong way. When we came back from shopping, we walked to the city center. We left Sarah Ann at our apartment. She wasn't throwing up anymore but she was too weak to walk around the city and needed to stay home and rest. I left her with my favorite stuffed animal, Croc.

Sarah Ann with Croc

The city was great. We walked past a lot of toy stands. It seemed like they were all exactly the same. We looked in some churches and walked through some plazas. In one of the churches, there was a wedding happening there. We walked to Templo y Convento de la Santa Cruz. On the way, we saw tons of colorful houses. My favorites were a bright pink house and a icy turquoise one.

A wedding at the Templo de San Francisco

Here are some of the colorful houses

Here we are the one of the main plazas, Plaza de Armas

Next we went on a tour through the convent. After the tour, we walked to a Mirador. That's a lookout. From there, we saw aqueducts and the city on a hill. The aqueducts were basically a bridge that was made to carry water from the mountains.

inside the convent

looking at the aqueducts from the mirador

Then we went to a bakery and ate pizza. Yum! Yum! After that, we walked back home. It was an amazing day. But I was also happy to come back to our apartment and see Croc - and Sarah Ann - again.

Comments

  1. Hi this it Grandma. You did so many things! The city looks beautiful and interesting! How is Sarah Ann? Hope she's better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are having an amazing experience and seeing so many things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Christian: Sarah Ann is getting better and
    I want to live here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christian. Wow! It must be really great there if you want to live there!!!!

      Delete
  4. The courtyard looks very pretty, and the colorful houses remind me of Puerto Rico! I like the colors. Did the Spanish build the aqueducts?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Sarah Ann looks so miserable! I'm glad she's feeling better. Adjusting to new bacterial and germs is not the best part of traveling:( The city looks amazing! I want to live there too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts